Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another day at the CAM building

We had a snow day at school today. That was really nice, because its a day of appointments that I won't be using one of my treasured sick days for. I have 44.5 sick days right now. With all of the snow days that we've had this year, I think I'll need about 42 days. I am trying to schedule things on days off as much as possible. I have a ton of appts. on the 16th which is President's Day. The next day is Pulaski Day. After that, I think I'm only going to use up 2-3 days. I'll be cutting it really close. I'm trying not to go over because they deduct my pay for every day that I go over.
Anyway, we had the ultrasound first today That was fine. I love seeing glimpses of my little girl! Erik actually got to go to this one, which was nice because he had to miss the past two. They are doing so many ultrasounds to make sure that Cora is growing normally, because a lot of times, HLHS babies don't gain a lot of weight. So far, Cora is already 3 lbs and 11 oz! She was only 2 lbs just 4 weeks ago! I just hope that she continues to grow normally.
After the ultrasound, we were able to go get lunch. We came back for the OB appointment. This was the 2nd OB appt. in two weeks! I had to go back this time to get my rhogam shot because I have a negative blood type. I am O negative, which is nice because I am a universal donor. Everyone can receive my blood. Erik and I are planning to go to the Red Cross as soon as we figure out what's going on with Cora. We would like to donate blood for her to use in case she needs it. Anyone else can donate too, and when it gets closer, I can give info for that. The blood would be earmarked just for her, but if she doesn't need it or can't accept it, then it would go to someone else.
On another note, we started setting up Cora's room last week. I am posting some pics of the paint job and the bedding. I fell in love with the bedding, and really love the way the paint colors went together. We took the border to Home Depot and did a color match. I was worried at first, but it dried nicely. I used some of the extra border to make outlet covers. It turned out great and was really easy to do! We don't have everything set up, but you can get a good idea. Don't mind the mess, it will be all cleaned up soon (we hope!!!)

unknown.jpg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable you did a great job with the colors!

I am happy to hear she is gaining weight! It sounded like a great day for you and Erik, and you getting a snow day.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Love ya

Kandi

Anonymous said...

Just checking up on you guys!

Cute room! I so want to redo Abbys room - she inherited Drews old room when Drew moved to the basement, so its currently Spongebob Yellow, lol. I want to redo it in pink with some pretty bedding for her new toddler bed :)

Glad to hear things went ok with your appointments. Arent those Rhogham shots awful? I always thought it felt like having ice water shot into your hiney and then it like, courses thru your body. Glad I dont have to have anymore of those!

Good luck at your upcoming appointments. Sounds like your gonna have a busy couple months!