Friday, March 6, 2009

5 pounds!!!

So we had an OB appointment and ultrasound on Monday. We got a lot of amazing 3-d pics of Cora!!! She is in a breech position right now. For the past few weeks, I've been thinking that I've been gently pushing her butt out of my ribs. Little did I know, it was her head. Its not a problem because I'm going to have a c-section anyway. At the end of the ultrasound, they told me that she is 5 lbs. 13 oz. I was so happy to see that she is growing well. She is staying in the 75th percentile. I was even happier to see that she is at least 5 pounds now! I know that ultrasounds can be off by at least a pound, but I'm very confident that she will be at least 5 pounds by the time she is born. 5 pounds is like a magic number to us. We've been told that it is a safe operating weight for newborns. They usually don't do the surgeries on babies until they are at least this weight. I'm so happy that I don't have to worry about that anymore!!!

The OB appointment was just a check up, everything is normal. They have scheduled me for a c-section on March 31st. If Cora decides to cooperate, that will be her birthday! I say this because I have this strange feeling that I'm going to go into labor before this date. Also, when shes born, we'll get much more info about what route to take next. It is so frustrating not knowing whether she'll have the surgeries or a transplant. I am okay with both options. They each have their own pros and cons, but overall, they are about the same in immediate and long term risk.

I am just so excited to finally be able to hold her in my arms! I can't wait!!! Gabriel can't wait to see her too. Somehow, he thinks that Cora will be born and come play with his instruments and toys. He even played with my belly all day Saturday, pretending that it was Cora. He can't wait to meet his sister, and I'm sure he'll be an excellent big brother.

Lastly, we have finally decided on a middle name for our little girl. Her name will be
Cora Rachelle Dahlgren. The first name was so easy to choose and seemed almost obvious to us. We love the meaning behind it. It was hard for us to agree and decide on a middle name that went with Cora. There is no significance to Rachelle, but we like the way it sounds with Cora.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no significance to Rachelle...uh-uh....seriously that is great...I am glad she is so big and thanks for the update.-Teresa

Anonymous said...

I love the name :) And I've been praying hard for your little girl (and the rest of you!)...you have such a great attitude about this. Keep your head up and know that God will provide!!
--Mary Nee